River View Baptist Church
Matt Thompson, Commander
Club Meeting Times
Our AWANA ministry is each Wednesday evening from 6:15 PM - 8:00 PM. A light snack will be served from 6:15 to 6:30 each evening.
What is AWANA?
AWANA is a ministry that reaches children and teens with the gospel of Christ and trains them to serve God.
The name "AWANA" is an acronym that stands for .................
As Paul instructs Timothy in II Timothy 2:15:
“Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.”
Who is AWANA for?
Everyone! This includes children, teens, and adults.
What do we do in a Club Meeting?
There are three main activities in a club meeting:
1) Handbook Time: A time when the children memorize Bible scripture and earn awards for their achievement. Clubbers can also learn their verses at home.
2) Game/Snack Time: We play unique games that are designed to help the kids exercise/develop teamwork skills and to have fun.
3) Council Time: A time for the children to learn about God through Bible messages and to worship Him with music and songs.
What does our AWANA Club consist of?
- Ages 2 and 3: introduces young children to basic Bible truths at church and equips parents to teach them at home.
through 4-year olds: celebrates preschoolers'
spiritual potential by helping them develop respect
for God, His Son and His Word.
- Kindergarten – 2nd grade: teaches children about the people and events of the Bible. This
builds a foundation of wisdom for knowing Jesus.
- 3rd grade to 6th graders: answers kids' key questions about God and the Bible, guiding them to grow in His grace.
For more Information visit the Official AWANA website at www.awana.org.
The characters of AWANA club programs are trademarks of AWANA Clubs International.
Used with permission.
AWANA and AWANA logo are trademarks of Awana Clubs International.